April 25th, 2017 – Version 2
Definition from the Bata Bitcointalk Thread
Bata (BTA) is a currency that has been developed to replace trade dollars in traditional Barter Systems. As the “Sharing Economy” grows, so does the decentralized market. Bata aims to change the way we trade, by introducing Barter on the Blockchain. A Barter Currency has been re-invented on a blockchain, decentralized, secure and widely available in the form of BTA, replacing a Trade Dollar. Trade Dollars are just like cash and for that matter are based on regular currency, but in current Barter Systems they are controlled and issued by a central party. BTA is traded on multiple cryptocurrency exchanges right across the globe.
Our vision is to create a new system of commerce that will create new jobs for an information based economy, and to help break away from the current system of debt based money.
Community Enthusiasm – 2 out of 5
- The Slack is Occasionally active with only 63 members.
- The Bitcointalk thread is Regularly active
Active Development – 3.5 out of 5
- The devs are working in the background.
- The devs have detailed plans and can show regular progress.
- There are three Whitepapers for different parts of the project.
Exchanges – 4 out of 5
- Traded until mid-March for about 1000 sats.
- Price soared for a few days in early February to over 17k sats.
- Price has grown to over 25k sats twice in last few weeks.
Wallets – https://bata.io/wallets
- Windows wallet
- MAC wallet
- Website – https://bata.io
- Slack Invite – https://bata-blockchain.signup.team/
- Bitcointalk – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1040956.0
- Block Explorer – https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bta/
- Roadmaps (BTA & BBP) – https://bata.io/development
- Whitepapers – https://bata.io/development
- GitHub – https://github.com/BTA-BATA
April 25th, 2017 Summary
Bata got my attention for two reasons. First, it is going to be a Masternode coin (they call them “uber-nodes”) in Q3 of 2017, which are very popular with investors at the moment. Second, the Bata Barter Platform, AKA BBP, will be built on the Stratis (STRAT) Platform.
BTA is the currency Bata is planning to use to replace traditional Trade Currency in a decentralized Barter System. These systems already exists today, but are controlled by a central party. Bata plans to provide a barter exchange for buyers and sellers through BBP.
BTA is currently PoW, but plans in the near future outline the change to a PoW / PoS Hybrid wallet.
Being a masternode-like coin in the near future and being associate with Stratis are two features likely to get Bata noticed by people who otherwise would not be looking at coins with a small market cap. STRAT is incredibly popular at the moment with investors.
There is information still to be revealed, such as how the BTA Uber-Nodes will interact with BBP. I am anxious to see how the Barter Platform will work since I cannot quite picture all the possibilities in my imagination. There is quite a bit of competition already in the decentralized marketplace arena, so BTA will need to distance itself by providing something new.
As always, do your research, watch the price for a good buy-in, and make smart decisions. New releases are on the way in 2017, and with only 5 million BTA in existence currently, a 20k sat price at the moment may still be reasonable.