August 18th, 2017 – Version 2
Definition from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1272091.0
EverGreenCoin is a currency designed from the ground up not only to be an environmentally friendly currency, but an environmental movement and paradigm shift.
EverGreenCoin was launched Christmas morning, Friday December 25th, 2015 as a gift to crypto-enthusiasts, our planet, and therefore; ourselves. With the electrically efficient and computationally secure X15 Proof of Work phase which has ended and was not invaded by ASICs and the generously rewarding 7% Proof of Stake, the foundation has been set.
On top of that foundation, we leverage cryptocurrency and technologies in ways never seen. EverGreenCoin is turning the mining and cryptocurrency industry about-face. From an industry that wastes electricity in the grandest scale, and in-turn usually our planet’s finite precious resources lost forever, to a prosperous and profitable endeavor for both our planet and EverGreenCoin investors.
Then those profits are invested into the environment through environmental projects such as forestry, wildlife rehabilitation, humanitarian efforts, and naturalization of our planet. Giving back what was once robbed. These efforts promote and evangelize EverGreenCoin, thus increasing exposure and demand.
The cycle repeats and feeds itself.
EverGreenCoin will make both our planet’s environment and economy better than it was found.
Community Enthusiasm – 3 out of 5
- The Slack did not auto-invite, which could be easily fixed.
- There are 50 Slack members, and Daily discussion.
- The Bitcointalk thread is Regulary active.
- Many people love environmental related anything, so I am sure there are many interested followers.
Active Development – 3 out of 5
- The devs are working in the background and taking community suggestions.
- The devs are making and discussing progress.
Exchanges – 3 out of 5
- This coin has spent most of its early life between 900 and 1500 sats.
- In April there were random spikes up above 2000 sats.
- In August, 2017 there was a brief spike over 8000 sats.
Wallets – https://evergreencoin.org/download/
- Windows wallet
- MAC wallet
- Linux wallet
- Android wallet
- Website – https://evergreencoin.org/
- Slack (not auto-invite) – https://evergreencoin.slack.com/
- Telegram – http://telegram.me/EverGreenCoin
- Bitcointalk – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2057319.0
- Block Explorer – http://transactions.evergreencoin.org/
- Roadmap – See Below
- GitHub – https://github.com/EverGreenCoinDev/EverGreenCoin
August 18th, 2017 Summary
Evergreen coin is an environmentally friendly cryptocurrency with many features you see in other coins. It primarily concentrates on providing information and supporting projects to do with Gardening, Renewables, and Water conservation.
It appears as if they have a marketplace on their website, but they don’t really tout this as one of their features, mostly because it sells everything for USD, not Evergreencoins. Seems a little odd to create a cryptocurrency and a marketplace, and not accept crypto for payment. Maybe I just did not see the option.
There is nothing tremendously special about the technology or published plans behind the EGC currency that I can see, but people love Cannabis coins, which they mention. The 7% Staking reward is pretty good if you are looking for something to stake.
I commend the EverGreenCoin Community to reaching out to me to update and correct some issues I had with the original review. I appreciate a community showing they are passionate and attentive. That is very important for the value of any currency in my opinion.
If I have BTC I am going to invest in a particular cause, I will buy something like EMC2, because I am a science guy. If you are into environmental protection and conservation, this might be the coin for you.
Masternodes were once on the table, and now appear to have been taken off the table. I think this is a good decision. If they are not needed, why have them?
There seems to be development work going on, so there is some value here… especially if they can start to show some development progress on something other than a wallet. I would buy if I was passionate about the cause, but I cannot tell you if there are profits to be made. That will depend on what the dev team delivers and how many people are interested in the environmental concept.