May 1st, 2017 – Version 1
Definition from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1272091.0
EverGreenCoin is a currency designed from the ground-up not only to be an environmentally friendly currency but, an environmental movement and paradigm shift. With both the electrically and computationally efficient and secure algorithm of X15 Proof of Work and the generously rewarding 7% Proof of Stake the foundation has been set. On top of that foundation, we leverage renewable energy in ways our planet has never seen.
EverGreenCoin is turning the mining and cryptocurrency industry on its head. From an industry that wastes electricity in the grandest scale, and in-turn our planet’s finite precious resources lost forever to produce that electricity, to a profitable and prosperous endeavor for both our planet and its people. Then those profits are invested into the environment through environmental restoration projects such as forestry and wildlife rehabilitation.
EverGreenCoin will make both our planet’s environment and economy better than it was found.
Community Enthusiasm – 3 out of 5
- The Slack did not auto-invite, which is a problem.
- There are 32 Slack members, and Daily discussion.
- The Bitcointalk thread is Somewhat active with mostly the dev and two other posters making 80% of the comments.
- Many people love environmental related anything, so I am sure there are many interested followers.
Active Development – 3 out of 5
- The devs are working in the background and taking community suggestions.
- The devs are making and discussing progress.
Exchanges – 3 out of 5
- This coin has spent most of its early life between 900 and 1500 sats.
- In April there were random spikes up above 2000 sats.
- Windows wallet
- MAC wallet
- Linux wallet
- Android wallet
- Website – https://evergreencoin.org/
- Slack (not auto-invite) – https://evergreencoin.slack.com/
- Telegram – http://telegram.me/EverGreenCoin
- Bitcointalk – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=969676.0
- Block Explorer – http://transactions.evergreencoin.org/
- Roadmap – See Below
- GitHub – None
May 1st, 2017 Summary
Evergreen coin is an environmentally friendly cryptocurrency with many features you see in other coins. It primarily concentrates on providing information and supporting projects to do with Gardening, Renewables, and Water conservation.
It appears as if they have a marketplace on their website, but they don’t really tout this as one of their features, mostly because it sells everything for USD, not Evergreencoins. Seems a little odd to create a cryptocurrency and a marketplace, and not accept crypto for payment. Maybe I just did not see the option.
There is nothing tremendously special about the technology or published plans behind the EGC currency that I can see, but people love Cannabis coins, which they mention, and people are looking for Masternode coins, which they recently mentioned in a Bitcointalk post. The 7% Staking reward is pretty good if you are looking for something to stake.
If I have BTC I am going to invest in a particular cause, I will buy EMC2, because I am a science guy. If you are into environmental protection and conservation, this might be the coin for you.
I think a lot of coins are shamelessly mentioning the word Masternode to gain interest. Evergreencoin did so recently, even though there are no real plans and MN’s do not appear on their Roadmap. It is not a terrible idea… the mention of the word got people’s attention, and one of those people sent me the suggestion to take a look.
It is a relatively new coin, but there seems to be development work going on, so there is some value here… especially if they can start to show some development progress on something other than a wallet. I would buy if I was passionate about the cause, but I cannot tell you if there are profits to be made. That will depend on what the dev team delivers.