September 7th, 2017 – Version 2
Definition from https://eryllium.com Web Site
Eryllium is a peer-to-peer Internet currency that enables instant, near-zero cost payments to anyone in the world. Eryllium is an open source, global payment network that is fully decentralized without any central authorities. Mathematics secure the network and empower individuals to control their own finances. Eryllium features faster transaction confirmation times and improved storage efficiency. Eryllium is a proven medium of commerce.
Community Enthusiasm – 1 out of 5
- There is no Slack.
- The Telegram link given is not operational.
- The Bitcointalk thread is Rarely active.
- There are relatively few Eryllium fans.
Active Development – 1.5 out of 5
- The devs may be working in the background, but are not publicly available.
- The website received an upgrade, but no GitHub updates recently.
- One dev does post Occasionally to Bitcointalk.
Exchanges – 2 out of 5
- This coin has spent most of its life between 1000 & 2000 sats.
- It did pump to 3500 in April briefly.
- Without any dev involvement, the price has fallen below 250 sats at the moment.
Wallets – https://eryllium.com/wallet/
- Windows wallet
- MAC wallet
- Website – https://eryllium.com/
- Forum – http://eryllium.net/
- Bitcointalk – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1732886.0
- Block Explorer – https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ery/
- Roadmap/Plans – https://eryllium.com/eryllium-strategy/
- Whitepapers – https://eryllium.com/whitepaper/
- GitHub – https://github.com/Eryllium
September 7th, 2017 Summary
Since I last reviewed Eryllium, they made strides in their presentation. The website looks better recently, and work has been done on their Bitcointalk thread. Still nobody seems to believe in ERY.
Communication needs to be better. Bitcointalk and a Forum don’t cut it with today’s investors. There needs to be a Slack channel or Telegram where people can ask questions and get quick answers.
Today, behind the scenes, there is nothing that makes this coin special yet. It needs more attention from the devs and to build a community.
Eryllium appears to be a copy of your typical digital currency modified slightly to fit their needs. It copies a lot of things we in the community take for granted and makes them sound special. For example, on the webpage it highlights… “Wallet encryption allows you to secure your wallet so that you can view transactions and your account balance, but are required to enter your password before spending ERY coins.” Woohoo.
They are taking the time to make things look more professional. The devs also are hinting at various business partnerships, marketing, and a merchant application, but there is no indication progress is being made. Some of the beginnings of the merchant application can be seen on the current website, but nothing is quite working yet.
You can see by looking at the price there has not been any push to do anything technical with ERY since I last reviewed. I would say the only hope for it now would be for the dev to come back, or for another dev to take over.
The price does not appear to be doing anything spectacular. As long as it stays low we are able to simply watch to see if anything promised is delivered before jumping in. Of course, if you want to take a chance you may want to buy before things are released, but I am holding off for now.