September 7th, 2017 – Version 2
Definition from https://myhush.org Web Site
Hush is a private implementation of the “Zerocash” protocol forked from [Zcash]. Based on Bitcoin’s code, it intends to offer a far higher standard of privacy through a sophisticated zero-knowledge proving scheme that preserves confidentiality of transaction metadata.
We believe there aren’t enough currencies out there where the development team listens to the community, where the development team are open for suggestions and discussions. That’s why we believe Hush will be a successful currency over a long-term view because of the communication between the community and the developers. We will always consider your thoughts and ideas if they are beneficial for Hush as currency and as a community.
Community Enthusiasm – 3.5 out of 5
- There is a Slack Auto-Invite and a surprising 1161 members.
- Bitcointalk thread is Regularly active.
Active Development – 3 out of 5
- The devs are working in the background.
- There is a new enthusiastic Lead Developer. The previous developer retired.
- There is a 2017 Development Plan.
Exchanges – 1.5 out of 5
- HUSH slowly built from 2.5 sats to 10k sats in the first 4 months of the year.
- HUSH has increased to fluctuate between 20k to 25k sats in the last few weeks.
- After a huge spike to 140000 sats in June, HUSH has settled around 40000 sats.
Wallets – https://myhush.org/#tools
- Linux Wallet
- Website – https://myhush.org/
- Slack – https://zdash-slack.herokuapp.com/
- Bitcointalk – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2008578.0
- Block Explorer – http://explorer.myhush.org
- Development Plan – https://myhush.org/#roadmap
- GitHub – https://github.com/radix42
September 7th, 2017 Summary
HUSH has a very enthusiastic community with a large Slack presence for such a small market cap. There is also a a new lead developer attempting to get this currency on track. Originally, HUSH was zDash, but has recently been rebranded with a new website design.
The GitHub link above is for the new developer. When I first reviewed HUSH there was nothing on GitHub, but there is plenty there now. It appears lots of work is going on. The next step according to the Roadmap will be to get on Bittrex, which would be very big for this coin. Only being on Cryptopia really hurts the chances of being integrated into the crypto community.
For Version 2 I mainly updated links and numbers. The community is making steady progress.
Does anyone know another coin going for anonymity and attempting to have decisions made by a decentralized community? The technology is slightly different, but this project reminds me of PIVx, which thrived on community involvement. It remains to be seen if HUSH can accomplish the same. I was in early on PIVx, and there was a buzz HUSH does not have yet.
The total number of coins is very low at the moment at around 1.1 million, and will cap at 21 million like BTC. The low number of HUSH coins explains the price, which at $2.00 cents seems high, but not when you consider PIVx would be nearly $180 each if it only had 1.2 million coins and its current market cap. Again, HUSH is no PIVx currently, but is it worth more than 1/90th of PIVx? If you think so after doing some research, then HUSH is currently a bargain.
HUSH is relatively unknown, and is gaining more attention every day. If the new developer is able to deliver on his plans and the community can get the currency on Bittrex, then the real test will come as the coin attempts to get recognized. There are a lot of similar coins fighting for the same anon-coin investments. Do your research and specifically check out the prices of other coins in the same category to get an idea of the potential here.