September 8th, 2017 – Version 3
Definition from the Kurrent Project’s Website
Kurrent is a new digital currency based on the Zerocoin Protocol. It assures private financial transactions and full anonymity. Kurrent uses Zero-Knowledge proofs in order to ensure that no information about participants of the transactions will go public.
With Kurrent you can prove that you own a coin without revealing which one is yours. During first step called “mint” your coin goes into an accumulator and during the second step called “spend” one can prove that he owns a coin in the accumulator but doesn’t have to indicate which particular coin is his.
We use X11 instead of Lyra2 algorithms used in other zerocoin capable altcoins to facilitate mining through GPU, and eliminate the botnet control and possible hidden GPU miners. X11 algorithm is composed 11 different types of crypto algorithms (Blake, Bmw, Groestl, Jh, Keccak, Skein, Luffa, Echo, Cubehash, Shavite and Simd) and is a pretty robust algorithm used in altcoin space.
Kurrent also the first to introduce true random bonus blocks in zerocoin capable altcoin. This will increase the fun of mining and it employs a true random algorithm so big mining power is not capable of pre-compute the bonus block and then grab it. It is a truely fair system.
Community Enthusiasm – 1 out of 5
- The devs are Never active in Slack.
- The devs are Never active in Bitcointalk. The last post by the Lead Dev as of this date is a month ago.
Active Development – 1 out of 5
- The devs appear to have abandoned to project.
Exchanges – 3 out of 5
- Has historically traded from approximately 75 to 100 sats since February to mid- March 2017.
- Price has crept up to average 250 to 300 sats in later half of March.
- Since the devs left KURT has been falling slowly and is back under 200 sats.
Wallets – http://kurrentproject.com/wallets.html
- GitHub link below
- Website – http://kurrentproject.com
- Slack – https://kurrent-slack-invite.herokuapp.com/
- Bitcointalk – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1691086.0
- Block Explorer – http://cryptoguru.tk/CurrencyInfo/index.php?Currency=KURT
- Roadmap – http://kurrentproject.com/roadmap.html
- GitHub – https://github.com/kurrentproject/Kurrent
September 8th, 2017 Summary
The last Bitcointalk message from the main dev was over 3 months ago on May 25th. The last Slack message was back in June. The last Windows wallet update was February 20th, 2017.
It was a promising project, but unless someone else picks it up consider it dead for now.
Do not buy dead projects unless you have the inside scoop saying someone is picking it up.