June 5th, 2017 – Version 1
Definition from Condensate Bitcointalk OP
There is a storm coming in the Cyrptocurrency scene and it’s CONDENSATE. A PoW/PoS based coin with random rewards for both PoW and PoS. Initiated by the formation of clusters within the volume of its network. Rain is distributed across the condensation network anonymously and securely, with the ability to send encrypted messages. Is it going to Rain today? A randomized staking reward gives anyone the chance to get caught under the rain cloud. It allows anyone who is on the network to get rewards regardless of their wallet balance.
The aim of Rain is to create a secure and robust network that is supported by its users in a meaningful way. To make it figuratively and literally rain on the community, and to utilize this network to partner with climate researchers and scientists to help better understand the world that we all live in.
Community Enthusiasm – 3 out of 5
- There is a Slack Auto-Invite but the channel is new with only 74 members.
- Bitcointalk thread is Regularly active.
Active Development – 2.5 out of 5
- The devs are working in the background.
- There is a responsive Lead Developer available to the community.
- There is a loosely formulated Roadmap for Development without dates.
Exchanges – 3 out of 5
- RAIN is a new coin introduced in early May, 2017
- RAIN has fluctuated between 50 and 150 sats for most of the month.
Wallets – Links can be found in the Bitcointalk link below
- Linux Wallet
- Website – http://condensate.co
- Slack – https://join.slack.com/condensation/shared_invite/
- Bitcointalk – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1895018.0
- Block Explorer – http://condensate.cryptophi.net/
- Development Plan – See Bitcointalk OP in link above
- GitHub – https://github.com/OBAViJEST/rain
June 5th, 2017 Summary
RAIN is only about a month old as of this review, and many pieces are still being created. The community behind it is busily active and is having a good time putting everything together.
I have had my eye on RAIN and had planned to do a review earlier, but the wallets have been buggy. That issue has now been taken care of with the latest release.
With any new coin, as the concept becomes reality the development plans will start to come together, and we should get a better idea of when things will be ready. Hopefully there is more information soon on how the coin evolves after the wallets are done and partnerships are formed.
Condensate is a new coin and it could be a winner if purchased at the right price. I have not really made up my mind enough to tell you it is a strong buy, but it has a few things going for it. It has a new website, an improved BCT thread, active development, and a very profitable, amusing and completely random PoS reward if you are interested in staking. Today I received from 7 to 94 RAIN, and a few dozen rewards in-between. I find myself constantly checking to see how much I received since I last checked.
RAIN also has some problems. The biggest I have seen is a 500 million planned coin supply, but fortunately RAIN is occasionally evaporated from this total so it actually becomes smaller as time goes by. In addition, it has no real public plan to do more than raise money for research, so this coin is not breaking any new ground by itself. The price is really volatile, and I have been able to buy between 50-60 sats to fund my wallet. I have seen it go up and down over 50% in a day. Make sure you research and get a good price if you buy.