May 24th, 2017 – Version 2
Definition from the SAFEX Website
Safe Exchange is a marketplace that enables its users to buy and sell goods and services using a complete suite of anonymous systems that are married to the blockchain that we call Chille. Our goal is to provide a platform that protects people’s civil liberties from criminals/hackers and overzealous states affecting its citizens. This system that is developed with simplicity, and accessibility. We ask for the community to join us as volunteers, developers, investors, and evangelists seeking to provide a new paradigm for the internet and commerce that takes place upon it.
Community Enthusiasm – 3 out of 5
- The Project Team is Regularly active in Slack, but it is a very new community with 131 members.
- The Project Team is Very active in Bitcointalk.
- Not many people outside of SAFEX know about SAFEX.
Active Development – 4 out of 5
- Multiple devs are working in the background.
- One of the devs is Daniel Dabek from the MAID team.
- They are posting weekly updates on progress.
- They are working on and releasing promotional material.
Exchanges – 3 out of 5
- Traded in January and February 2017 between 20 and 25 sats.
- Price moved up in March and has fluctuated from 30 to 50 sats since.
- Near the middle of May moved up to remain consistently near 100 sats.
- Desktop Wallet release end of May.
- Web Wallet release end of May.
- Currently able to be kept on the OMNI client wallet.
- Website – https://safex.io
- Slack – https://safex.herokuapp.com/
- Bitcointalk – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378204.0
- Block Explorer – http://omnichest.info/lookupsp.aspx?sp=56
- Roadmaps for Safe Exchange & Chille – https://safe.exchange/t/chille-blockchain-and-network/532/4
May 24th, 2017 Summary
Safex is a different type of digital currency. It is not PoW or PoS. It is more like investing in a stock and expecting to receive dividends. Owners of Safex can expect to earn a percentage of the transaction fees from another blockchain called Chille instead of mining rewards.
Chille will be a Decentralized Marketplace, and parallel work on the Chille blockchain is already being done.
Even though very few people know about Safex, it received good scores above because of its core team and development activity. I have had quick responses when I asked questions, and have seen nothing but professional enthusiasm from the team
If you look behind the scenes at your average low cap crypto project you are apt to find little or no core team access, no development updates, roadmaps with little detail and just one developer. Looking behind the scenes at Safex is a different story…
- The Core Team is led by David Dabek, an experienced blockchain developer from the MAID core team.
- Every week the team is providing development updates.
- The Roadmaps for both Safex and Chille show in detail what has been accomplished, what is currently being developed, and what the future holds.
It is obvious Daniel knows what he is doing and what investors want. His experience has this project ahead of other small cap currencies.
Holding Safex when the Chille Blockchain is completed and the coins are minted will automatically earn Safex holders an initial stake in Chille, so people may be inclined to continue to hold to receive that bonus.
There are over 2 billion coins, so I would not expect the price to ever reach anywhere near 50k sats, but coins with similar counts reach 500 sats, or even higher in the case of BitShares (BTS). Do some research, and if you can get in at a reasonable price, I think it is a good opportunity.