August 14th, 2017 – Version 1
Definition from ZoinOfficial.com
ZOIN is a decentralized cryptocurrency to use for your secure, private and untraceable transactions. The technology is based on Zerocoin Protocol to offer you complete Anonymity. You are your own bank. Our goal is that your privacy remains confidential.
Community Enthusiasm – 2.5 out of 5
- There is a Slack Auto-Invite with 231 members.
- Bitcointalk thread is Regularly active.
Active Development – 2.5 out of 5
- The devs are working in the background part time.
- There is a responsive Lead Developer available to the community.
- There is a loosely formulated Roadmap without dates.
Exchanges – 3 out of 5
- ZOIN has hovered near 1000 sats for the last three months
- ZOIN ATH is near 1500 sats.
Wallets – http://www.zoinofficial.com/#wallets
- Website – http://www.zoinofficial.com
- Slack – https://zoin-slack.herokuapp.com/
- Bitcointalk – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2085112.msg
- Block Explorer – https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zoi/
- Roadmap – http://www.zoinofficial.com/#roadmap
- GitHub – https://github.com/zoincoin/zoin/
August 12th, 2017 Summary
ZOIN is being branded as a community coin, meaning the progress and success will depend on the community contributing. There are multiple developers working on it part time in the background and making progress to create a strong foundation behind ZOIN.
Still waiting on some detailed definition of what is going to make Zoin unique. I hope to find out more about that soon. The new web page and Bitcointalk thread look good, but don’t really have any information other than very basic descriptions like you see in the opening paragraph above. The Roadmap shows the coin will eventually have mobile wallets, Tor integration, and Masternodes.
I have not really seen a community coin truly succeed based on the merits of the community before. There are lots of projects that start as community coins, but eventually the project team ends up doing all the work, or the project fades. PIVX is a good example of a community project where eventually the devs had to accept the fact that most people in the community were there to make money riding on their coattails, and were unable/unwilling to contribute.
This is probably the way it should be though. The project team typically has the most coins, and therefore the greatest incentive to succeed. The community as a whole might only have the same number of coins the dev team does. I am rambling. Each project is different, it is hard to tell at this early stage.
The team is putting everything into place to succeed. They appear to have the expertise to make ZOIN viable technically, and have plans to get seen in all the right places. ZOIN is inexpensive compared to most other anon coins with a similar plan. I am anxious to see more information, and if there is room for another anon coin in this crowded crypto category.
An add to Bittrex would be big for the project at this stage. You may want to watch closely and get in before that happens.